What is the User Choice Program?
The User Choice program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
The program provides the flexibility for apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred training provider (registered training organisation or RTO) from a list of Skills Assure suppliers (SAS) for the delivery of accredited training to meet their specific needs. SAS are training providers who have contract with the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training to deliver funded training.
The program works in conjunction with the Commonwealth Australian Apprenticeships system, under which apprentices and trainees (also known in some jurisdictions as “Australian Apprentices”) enter into legally binding training contracts with their employers and receive structured training to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
What will I gain from this program?
Apprenticeships are a great opportunity if you want to progress to a higher qualification, gain work experience or follow a vocational route to employment. The range of skills and knowledge you achieve will prepare you for whichever future path you choose to pursue. Apprenticeships are available across most industry sectors and are a great way to gain recognised qualifications while working and gaining real workplace experience.
Studying an apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to:
- Earn while you learn
- Learn on the job
- Benefit from support during training
- Develop the skills employers want
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Secure a job
- Transition to university for further study
Am I eligible?
The User Choice Program is eligible for apprentices or trainees who:
- have entered into a training contract for a qualification that is funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT)
- Are registered in the department’s registration system DELTA with a contract commencement date or recommencement date on or after 1 July 2010
- Have a selected training provider that holds a SAS status for the nominated qualification.
The government contribution for a User Choice funding contribution is detailed in the apprentice or trainee’s letter of registration from the department, and is subject to student eligibility and their selection of an eligible SAS to deliver their training.
What can I study under the User Choice Program?
InTech Institute of Technology has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the User Choice Program:
- AUR20516 Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- AUR30316 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31516 Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning)
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Maintenance-Diesel Fitting)
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Maintenance-Fitting and/or Turning)
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Machining)
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (Light Fabrication- Sheetmetal)
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (Surface Finishing)
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (Boilermaking/Welding)
- MEM50212 Diploma in Engineering- Technical
Student contribution fees are currently charged at the rate of $1.60 per nominal hour. The total is based on the State Governments nominal hours it allocates to each unit of competency in your qualification. All student contribution fees may be paid upon enrolment or may be paid prior to commencement of each unit. If agreed between the employer and the apprentice, student contribution fees can be paid by the employer or third party.
- Check that you meet the ” User Choice Program ” eligibility criteria listed above.
- Review the course information and contact us on email@example.com you require any clarification regarding the course, policies and procedures, entry requirements.
- Organise an appointment with your employer and Apprenticeship Network Provider.
- Complete the Apprenticeship/Traineeship sign-up process with the Apprenticeship Network Provider, nominate Intech Institute as your preferred RTO.
- Fill in the online Enrolment Application form and “click send”
- Your employer will pay your co-contribution fee
- Your application will be assessed by InTech’s compliance team and you will receive a written response within 2-3 working days.
- Sign your training plan
- Commence your study
- Workplace Visits (South East QLD) travel fees may apply for remote or regional area
- Blended learning – combination of classroom and on site learning
InTech provides a range of support services for learners to achieve their study goals. Learners who have been identified with learning barriers are supported with agreed strategies. The range can include:
- referral to English Language Support or literacy and/or numeracy courses
- individual or small group tutorial support
- provision of additional resources, including but not limited to video/DVDs, online learning libraries, additional workshops, tutorials, slow paced learning
On Successful Completion:
You will be provided with a qualification and Results Record on successful completion of the course. Apprentices and trainees can only receive one government contribution for a User Choice funded qualification at any single point in time, i.e. a student is not funded to undertake two apprenticeships or traineeships at the same time. If you fail to complete the qualification, you will be provided with a statement of attainment for completed units.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
- User Choice Program– https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/incentives/userchoice
- Apprenticeships and traineeships– https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/apprentices
READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
Have any Questions?
READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!