Australian Apprenticeship Programs
The Australian Apprenticeship program is the leading way of combining training and employment that can lead to nationally recognized qualification.
What is “User Choice Program”?
- This program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
- The term User Choice relates to employment-based training delivery.
- Employment-based training delivery refers to accredited training that is delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to an employee who is registered as an apprentice or a trainee and where training takes place primarily in the workplace.
- The program works in conjunction with the Commonwealth Australian Apprenticeships System, under which apprentices and trainees (also known in some jurisdictions as "Australian Apprentices") enter into legally binding training contracts with their employers and receive structured training to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
- At Intech Institute, employers and their apprentices and trainees can address the training needs specific to their business and individual training requirements.
- The User Choice (or apprentice program) involves paid work and structured straining that can be done on the job and the off the job or a combination of both.
- Enable existing skills and prior experience to be recognised and course credit granted, potentially reducing formal training time
- The User Choice Program is funded by the Queensland Government Department of Education and Training under the VET Investment Plan, supports the delivery of accredited entry-level training to apprentices and trainees.
What will I gain from this program?
Apprenticeships are a great opportunity if you want to progress to a higher qualification, gain work experience or follow a vocational route to employment. The range of skills and knowledge you achieve will prepare you for whichever future path you choose to pursue. Apprenticeships are available across most industry sectors and are a great way to gain recognised qualifications while working and gaining real workplace experience
Studying an apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to:
- Earn while you learn
- Learn on the job
- Benefit from support during training
- Develop the skills employers want
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
Am I eligible?
The User Choice Program is open to individuals who:
- have entered into a Training Contract for a qualification that is funded by the Department of Education, Training and Employment
- be registered on DELTA with a commencement date or recommencement date on or after 1 July 2010
- select a training provider that holds PQS status for their nominated qualification.
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Queensland residents aged 15 or over
- include securing a job;
- career advancement;
- or transition to university for further study.
What can I study at Intech Institute under the User Choice Program?
Intech Institute has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the User Choice program
How much will it cost?
Student Contribution Fees under the User Choice program in 2017-18 are currently charged at the rate of $1.60 per nominal hour. The total is based on the State Governments nominal hours it allocates to each unit of competency in your qualification. All student contribution fees may be paid upon enrollment or may be paid prior to commencement of each unit. If agreed between the employer and the apprentice, student contribution fees can be paid by the employer or third party.
- Check that you meet the " User Choice Program " eligibility criteria listed above.
- Review the course information and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any clarification regarding the course, policies and procedures, entry requirements.
- Organise an appointment with your employer and Apprenticeship Network Provider.
- Complete the Traineeship sign-up process with the Apprenticeship Network Provider, nominate Intech Institute as your preferred RTO.
- Fill in the online Enrolment Application form and “click send”
- Your employer will pay your co-contribution fee
- Your application will be assessed by Intech Institute's compliance team and you will receive a written response within 2-3 working days.
- Sign your training plan
- Commence your study
- Workplace Visits (South East QLD) travel fees may apply for remote or regional area
- Blended learning - combination of classroom and on site learning
InTech provides a range of support services for learners to achieve their study goals. Learners who have been identified with learning barriers are supported with agreed strategies. The range can include:
referral to English Language Support or literacy and/or numeracy courses
individual or small group tutorial support
provision of additional resources, including but not limited to video/DVDs, online learning libraries,
additional workshops, tutorials, slow paced learning
On Successful Completion:
You will be provided with a qualification and Results Record on successful completion of the course. Apprentices and trainees can only receive one government contribution for a User Choice funded qualification at any single point in time, i.e. a student is not funded to undertake two apprenticeships or trainee-ships at the same time. If you fail to complete the qualification, you will be provided with a statement of attainment for completed units.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
Benefits to the Employer
- The government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers?
- There are benefits that may also be Payroll Tax Exemptions for employing Trainees/Apprentices?
Incentives in employing an Australian Apprentice
- Employers hiring Australian Apprentices may be eligible to receive incentive payments under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program. Incentives are subject to eligibility criteria, waiting periods and time limits being met. Your Apprenticeship Network provider will assess your eligibility for incentives.
- Incentives payments are made when Australian Apprentices commence, recommence and complete their training. Tens of thousands of employers of Australian Apprentices receive incentives payments from the Australian Government every year.
Program Information and Fact sheet
For more information, read the User Choice Program:
- User Choice Program –https://training.qld.gov.au/training/incentives/userchoice
For more information on our policies, please see our policies, procedures and forms page. To discuss opportunities for you to undertake the apprenticeship and traineeship and potentially access funding talk to our career advisers on 0477778909 or email us at email@example.com