Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) helps you get certified in Australia. RPL is a process of formalising your existing industry skills, experience and previous study into a nationally recognised Australian qualification.
RPL reduces your study time and cost. Successfully demonstrate your abilities and competency on specific units and its requirements and you have the potential to achieve your qualification without any repeated learning through the RPL skills assessment process.
RPL your qualification in Australia or overseas. InTech will guide you throughout the RPL process to determine your eligibility and success rate in achieving the qualification through RPL skills recognition.
Complete your RPL with InTech
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can seem like quite an overwhelming and complicated process.
However, InTech is committed to helping you succeed to ensure you achieve your nationally recognised qualification.
- We will guide you every step of the way.
- We will work closely with you to determine the most suitable units of competency based on your skillsets so that you can achieve the full qualification.
- We will advise you on which qualification is the most appropriate, considering your work needs and career goals.
- We will let you know what evidence is needed and if it is sufficient before passing it onto the assessor for assessment. This is to maximise your success rate.
- You will be dealing directly with the RPL team via your account manager.
- We will only send you an invoice for payment when we are confident you will achieve the full qualification – until then you do not need to pay any fees upfront.
- Once units are agreed upon, satisfactory evidence is provided, and payment received, finalisation of your qualification can be completed within 5 business days.
Getting your skills and experience recognised through RPL has enormous benefits to your personal and professional development.
- Undertaking an RPL is cost-effective. You can save up to 80% of full-time course fees.
- An RPL is time efficient. Fast track your qualification with no classroom learning or study required. RPL skills assessment can be completed entirely with on-the-job evidence.
- You can improve your earning potential and get paid award wages after getting RPL certified in Australia.
- Broaden and improve your career prospects and open doors to new job opportunities through RPL skills recognition.
- Commencing an RPL demonstrates continuous professional development.
- Improve the quality of your work and workplace standards.
- The RPL skills assessment recognises your skills to current industry standards.
- Meet industry benchmarks for occupational licencing, employers and minimum requirements for certain professions, professional bodies and associations.
- Convert superseded qualifications to current qualifications.
- Use your RPL qualification in Australia as a pathway to higher level skills or further study.
A credit transfer recognises your current and previous studies that you have done at school, college or university. You may be able to have credit from a relevant earlier course transferred to your current studies.
Contact us prior to enrolment to determine if credit transfer is an option for you. You cannot get credit transfer for the whole qualification. You must have certified copies of your certificates, awards or qualifications.
There is a cost for RPL skills assessment. The cost varies depending on which qualification you are obtaining.
Eligible Queensland residents with substantial industry experience may be eligible for funding under the Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training (TSAGT) Program or Higher Level Skills Program subsidised by the QLD Government.
Please contact us to discuss the process and fees.
In the RPL skills assessment, the assessor may find that you have insufficient documentary evidence or identify certain gaps in your skills or knowledge. In this instance, you may by required to complete additional gap training to successfully complete the RPL skills recognition process.
Intech may be able to assist you with training through the following learning modes:
- Face-to-face training
- Online training
- Assistance in locating a suitable training organisation or employer that can provide the relevant training
The timeframe for gap training differs on a case-to-case basis.
Please note that if gap training is required and provided by InTech Institute of Technology, additional fees and charges will apply in addition to the amount charged for the RPL skills assessment.
For more information about gap training, please contact email@example.com at the time of enquiry and enrolment.
To support your RPL skills assessment application, you will need to demonstrate your skills and experience by providing the following documentation and evidence (where applicable):
- Detailed Resume/CV
- Position and job descriptions – recent, past or present
- Letter of employment
- Current employment contracts
- Apprenticeship papers
- Employment related screening certificates
- Photos and videos of your work demonstrating your skillset (ensure confidentiality provisions and consents have been sough)
- Qualifications and transcripts of previous formal study/training (from TAFE, Universities, RTOs, Overseas qualifications/certificates) in related fields
- Results of previous formal training in other areas eg. Workplace Health and Safety Officer training
- Attendance at in-house courses, workshops, seminars, orientation sessions
- Reference letter and testimonials from verifiable sources
- Industry/Organisation Awards
- Performance appraisals
- Other organisational paperwork completed by applicant – job sheets/logbook
- Copier of team meetings (attended by applicant) that relate to specific tasks or issues
- Any other documentation that may demonstrate industry experience
The evidence you provide will be used to map your skills to the units of competency in the qualification you are pursuing.
Begin your RPL skills assessment process, by following the steps below:
- Read information about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Complete and submit the online RPL application below.
- InTech will contact you directly to discuss the process and your requirements.
- Gather supporting evidence for your RPL – see Portfolio of Evidence tab above.
- InTech will conduct an initial assessment to determine if you have sufficient evidence to achieve the full qualification by RPL Where there are gaps identified by the assessor, InTech will advise you of the gaps and you may be required to complete additional gap training.
- If your evidence is sufficient, InTech will provide a tailored RPL Kit with selected units of competency and performance criteria that match your skills.
- You will complete the RPL Kit with a third-party referee to verify your skills.
- Submit the RPL Kit back to us.
- When will process your RPL application and if all is successful, we will issue the invoice.
- Once payment has been received, your RPL will be finalised and InTech will issue your qualification within 5 business days.