InTech offers you the chance to take all your experience and turn it into a nationally recognised Australian qualification!
RPL reduces your study time and cost. You can fast track your qualification by having your previous skills and experience, formal and informal study converted into a nationally recognised qualification.
National qualifications are the benchmark for occupational licensing, employers and minimum requirements for certain professions, professional bodies and associations and industries.
Eligible Queensland residents with substantial industry experience may be eligible to apply for a
Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training (TSAGT) Program
subsidised by the QLD Government.
- Cost effective – save up to 80% of full-time course fees
- Time efficient – No classroom learning
- Broaden and improve your career prospects and job opportunities
- Improve your earning potential and get paid award wages
- Continuous professional development
- Improve your quality of work and workplace standards
- Complete qualification with on-the-job evidence
- Recognises your skills to current industry standards
- Convert your overseas qualification and skills to an Australian qualification
- Convert superseded qualifications to current qualifications
- You may use your qualification as a pathway to higher level skills or further study
A credit transfer recognises your current and previous studies that you have already done at school, college, or university. You may be able to have credit from a relevant earlier course transferred to your current studies.
You should check with your college or training organisation before enrolling. You cannot get credit transfer for your whole course. You must have certified copies of your certificates, awards or qualifications. There is no fee for a credit transfer.
There is a cost for RPL assessment. Cost varies depending on the qualification.
Please contact the institute to discuss the process and fees.
If our assessor locates insufficient documentary evidence or identifies certain gaps in your skills/knowledge, you may be required complete additional gap training. Intech Institute may be able to assist you with training through the following learning modes:
- Face-to-face training
- Online training
- Assistance in locating a suitable training organisation that can provide the relevant training.
Gap training may take significantly less time however, this may differ on case to case basis.
Please note that if gap training is required and is provided by Intech Institute of Technology, additional fees and charges will apply in addition to the amount charged for the RPL pathway. For more information about gap training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of enquiry and enrollment.
To support your RPL application, you will need the provide the following documentation and evidence (where applicable):
- Detailed Resume
- Position and job descriptions- recent, past or present
- Letter of Employment
- Current employment contracts
- Apprenticeship papers
- Employment related screening certificates
- Transcripts of previous formal study/training (from TAFE, Universities, RTOs, Overseas qualifications/certificates) in related fields
- Results of previous formal training in other areas e.g. Workplace Health and Safety Officer training
- Attendance at in-house courses, workshops, seminars, orientation sessions
- Reference letters and testimonials from verifiable sources
- Industry/Organizational Awards
- Other organizational paperwork completed by applicant- job sheets/ log book
- Performance appraisals
- Copies of team meetings (attended by applicant) that relate to specific tasks or issues
- Videos or photos of your work. (ensure confidentiality provisions and consents have been sought)
- Any other documentation that may demonstrate industry experience
Begin your RPL process by following the steps below:
- Read information about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Complete and submit the online RPL application below.
- InTech will contact you to discuss your requirements.
- Gather supporting evidence for your RPL – see Portfolio of Evidence tab above.
- InTech will conduct an initial assessment to determine if you have sufficient evidence to achieve the qualification by RPL only. Where there are gaps identified by the assessor, InTech will advise of the gaps and you may be required to complete additional gap training.
- If your evidence is sufficient, InTech will provide a tailored RPL Kit with the selected units of competency and performance criteria that match your skills.
- You will complete the RPL Kit with a third-party referee to verify your skills.
- Submit the RPL Kit.
- We will process your application and if all is successful, we will issue the invoice.
- Once payment has been received, your RPL will be finalised and InTech will issue your qualification.