Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Did you know that you might be able to reduce the study time it takes to get your qualification and you can save money? You can now fast track your studies and bridge the gaps in your skill set through the RPL.
InTech offers you the chance to take all your experience and turn it into a nationally recognised Australian qualification.
Recognition of Prior Learning (or RPL for short) is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning), life experience, work history, skills and knowledge are measured and matched against the units of competencies of a particular qualification. This experiential learning is highly valuable and deserves to be acknowledged and can be converted to a nationally recognised Australian qualification.
RPL assessment is available for automotive, engineering fabrication, engineering mechanical trade, information technology courses. A minimum of 12 months of relevant work experience is required and the experience cited in your ‘evidence portfolio’ must be from the last five years.
For Australian and Non-Australia working professionals: If you have competencies and skills and have not completed an Australian apprenticeship or even obtained a formal Australian academic certificate, you can apply to have your skills assessed.
For Students: RPL provides students an opportunity to have their current skills and competencies assessed. These skills and competencies may relate to the units you are about to commence, often shortening the duration of a qualification. There is no repeated learning!
There is a cost for RPL assessment. Cost vary depending on the qualification.
Please contact the institute to discuss the process and fees.
If our assessor locates insufficient documentary evidence or identifies certain gaps in your skills/knowledge, you may be required complete additional gap training. Intech Institute may be able to assist you with training through the following learning modes:
- Face-to-face training
- Online training
- Assistance in locating a suitable training organisation that can provide the relevant training.
Gap training may take significantly less time however, this may differ on case to case basis.
Please note that if gap training is required and is provided by Intech Institute of Technology, additional fees and charges will apply in addition to the amount charged for the RPL pathway. For more information about gap training, please contact email@example.com at the time of enquiry and enrollment.
- Detailed Résumé
- Position and job descriptions- recent, past or present
- Letter of Employment
- Current employment contracts
- Apprenticeship papers.
- Employment related screening certificates
- Transcripts of previous formal study/training (from TAFE, Universities, RTOs, Overseas qualifications/certificates) in related fields
- Results of previous formal training in other areas e.g. Workplace Health and Safety Officer training
- Attendance at in-house courses, workshops, seminars, orientation sessions
- Reference letters and testimonials from verifiable sources
- Industry/Organizational Awards
- Other organizational paperwork completed by applicant- job sheets/ log book
- Performance appraisals
- Copies of team meetings (attended by applicant) that relate to specific tasks or issues
- Videos or photos of your work. (ensure confidentiality provisions and consents have been sought)
- Any other documentation that may demonstrate industry experience