What is the SMART AND SKILLED sbat program?
“This training is subsidised by the NSW Government”
School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBATs) are available to all Year 10, 11 and 12 high school students in NSW. They allow students to commence an apprenticeship or commence and complete a traineeship while at school.
A school-based apprenticeship or traineeship combines paid work, training and school and as well as an industry recognised national qualification you will gain credit towards the HSC.
Some apprenticeships and traineeships can contribute towards the ATAR.
Undertaking an SBAT offers you the opportunity to:
- Receive both an education and a job
- Earn while you learn
- Develop in-demand industry knowledge and skills
- Work towards achieving a nationally-recognised qualification
- Acquire hands-on experience in a real job
- Gain the skills and experience needed for tertiary study
- Experience a great way to move from school to work
- Secure a job
- Can gain a minimum of 4 units of credit towards your HSC.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to receive subsidised training under the SBAT Program, a student must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be studying in years 10, 11, or 12.
- Undertake a qualification listed on the NSW Skills List as an apprenticeship or traineeship qualification
- Be an approved or registered School Based Apprentice or School Based Trainee in NSW at the time of commencing the qualification
Have the qualification shown on their Training Contract
What can I study under Smart & Skilled SBAT Program?
InTech Institute of Technology is approved to deliver the following qualifications under the Smart and Skilled School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBAT) Program:
- UEE22020 Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- MEM31922 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
Delivery Regions in NSW
- Capital Region
- Central Coast
- Central West
- Coffs Harbour – Grafton
- Far West and Orana
- Hunter Valley excl Newcastle
- Mid North Coast
- New England and North West
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
- Richmond – Tweed
- Southern Highlands and Shoalhaven
Prospective students applying to undertake a Smart and Skilled approved qualification must complete the Notification of Enrolment Process. This includes:
- Completing an InTech enrolment form
- Providing your Unique Student Identifier (USI) and authorise InTech and the Department to have appropriate access to your USI records
- Providing consent to the Use and Disclosure Personal Information
- Eligibility criteria checks. You must providing at least two forms of ID such as NSW Driver’s Licence and Medicare card.
- InTech will conduct the Notification of Enrolment Process and advise of any Fee chargeable as generated by the Provider Calculator.
- Successful completion of the Notification of Enrolment process will result in the issue of a Commitment ID
- On-the-job with workplace visits (travel fees may apply for remote or regional area)
- Blended learning – a combination of classroom and on-the-job learning
InTech provides a range of support services for learners to achieve their study goals. Learners who have been identified with learning barriers are supported with agreed strategies. The range can include:
- referral to English Language Support or literacy and/or numeracy courses
- individual or small group tutorial support
- provision of additional resources, including but not limited to video/DVDs, online learning libraries, additional workshops, tutorials, slow paced learning
On Successful Completion
You will be provided with a qualification and Results Record on successful completion of the course. If you fail to complete the qualification, you will be provided with a statement of attainment for completed units.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
SMART AND SKILLED PROGRAMS