About VET in School (VETiS) Program
What is VET in School?
VETiS is a Vocational Education and Training in Schools program that gives students the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification while still in school. Students will develop the skills and knowledge required for specific industries that will prepare them for employment or further study.
The VETiS program can be undertaken in years 10, 11 or 12 and it can count towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE).
What are the benefits of undertaking the VETiS program?
- Develop valuable employability skills
- Acquire trade and industry-relevant practical skills and experience
- Gain exposure on how workplaces operate
- Develop and improve interpersonal skills
- Explore potential career pathways you would like to pursue.
- Obtain credit towards further study
How can I complete a VETiS program?
Students can undertake VET in school:
- As part of their school studies where it is delivered and resourced by a school registered training organisation (RTO)
- By direct enrolment with an external RTO – funded by the Queensland Government’s VET investment budget or through fee-for-service where the student or parent pays for the qualification
- As a school-based apprentice or trainee (SATs)
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships (SATs) give high school students in Year 11 or 12, the opportunity to undertake paid employment while studying for their senior certificate. At the same time, students undertake a training qualification with a supervising registered training organisation chosen by the employer and the student.
Note: A school-based apprentice or trainee’s employment and training arrangements must impact on their school timetable for the program to be considered school-based.
What can I study under the VET in School Program?
Intech Institute of Technology has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the VET in School program.
- MEM10119 Certificate I in Engineering
- MEM20413 Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- MSM20216 Certificate II in Manufacturing Technology
- AUR20416 Certificate II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR20516 Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- AUR20716 Certificate II in Vocational Preparation
- AUR20916 Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology
Am I eligible?
The VET in School Program is eligible for individuals who are:
- Currently enrolled in Year 10, 11 or 12 and attending school
- Permanently residing in Queensland
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
How much will it cost?
VETiS is funded by the VET investment budget and is fee-free for students.
Please note that students undertaking VETiS can only complete one employment stream qualification at the certificate I or II level.
InTech strongly advises students and parents to consult their school’s Guidance Officer or VET Coordinator for more information about the VETiS Program to ensure they select the right qualification before applying.
If you are currently studying in school and wish to apply for a VETiS program, please talk to your School Guidance Officer or VET Coordinator in conjunction with your parent/guardian to select an appropriate course.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of:
- Most recent school reports
- Application form
- Any supporting documentation (eg. references, awards)
After completing the application form, ensure you and your parent/guardian sign and return the application form to your School’s VET Coordinator.
Successful students will be contacted by their School’s VET Coordinator and will be invited to attend an orientation session.
To enrol directly at InTech, check that you meet the VETiS eligibility criteria. Please fill out an application form on our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3369 7441 should you require any assistance regarding course selection, the application process, policies and procedures and entry requirements.
Applications will be assessed by InTech and you will receive a written response within 2 to 3 working days. Successful applicants will be offered a training plan and will be invited to attend an orientation session at Intech Institute of Technology.
On Successful Completion
Students will be provided with a qualification and Results Record on successful completion of the course. Please be advised that you will no longer be eligible for another VETiS funded qualification once you have completed this qualification. If you fail to complete the qualification, you will be provided with a statement of attainment for completed units.
As part of Intech’s continuous improvement processes, students will be required to complete a satisfaction survey within three months of course completion. This gives learners the opportunity to provide feedback on the course or assessments.