About this funding
What is “Certificate 3 Guarantee”?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is funded by the Queensland Government Department of Education and Training, under the VET Investment Plan. the Certificate 3 Guarantee supports school students to access training and Queensland's Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications. This program aims to assist working-age Queenslanders who don't hold a formal qualification, to increase their skills to move into employment, or advance their career.
Students pay a co-contribution fee as specified by the training organisation, and the rest of the tuition fee is covered by the subsidy program. Students please be aware that you can access this subsidy once, it is important to choose the right course for you to take advantage of this opportunity.
What will I gain from this program?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is targeted at Certificate III level qualifications because they are entry-level qualifications often needed to gain employment in many industry sectors.
Students are entitled to access government subsidised training for one completed Certificate III qualification.
What can I study?
Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee, the Queensland Government provides a subsidy for a range of Certificate III level vocational qualifications.
To view the Queensland Department of Education and Training Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Fact Sheet, please click here.
Am I eligible?
This Certificate 3 Guarantee program is open to individuals who are:
- Queensland residents aged 15 years or over
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not holding, and not enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)
Please note: Students can access the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy only once, so it's important that you take the time to choose your course carefully to maximise your career or further training opportunities.
- include securing a job;
- career advancement;
- or transition to university for further study.
How do I qualify for concession fees?
Co-Contribution Fees apply to all students partaking in undertaking the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program.
Concessional student status applies when:
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student provides InTech with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student has a disability
What can I study at Intech Institute under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program?
Intech Institute has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- Certificate II in Manufacturing Technology
- Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- Certificate II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
How much will it cost?
The government will pay a large portion of the training costs for your course directly to your chosen training provider up to a set amount.
The enrollment fee is set at $70.00 for Non-concession and $30.00 for concession students.
Payment of course fees should be made prior to the commencement of training. Should a student be able to demonstrate significant hardship the student contribution fee may be broken into multiple payments, payable over 2-3 month period. Where an employer may be paying a student contribution fee the employer shall be invoices prior to commencement of training.
Refund Policy: Should a student leave or drop out of a Certificate 3 Guarantee Funded course they are entitled to a refund for the percentage of the course they did not complete. The Student Co-Contribution Fee once paid is refundable under the following circumstances:
The cancellation and refund request is received within 5 working days of the agreed starting date of the program or
the refund request is as a result of the college default, the college failing to deliver the course or
The student has received significant misinformation as to affect their decision to partake on the course.
For any Refund requests/ claims after 5 working days of agreed starting date, the Co-Contribution Fee is not refundable & not transferable.
To apply for a refund students must call the enrollment administration on 07 33697441 or 0477778909 during office hours. Students are required to complete a "Refund Application Form" and supply the necessary details. Refunds will be processed within 7 working days of application.
- Check that you meet the “Certificate 3 Guarantee" eligibility criteria listed above.
- Review the course information and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any clarification regarding the course, policies and procedures, entry requirements or pathways.
- Read the Queensland Department of Education and Training Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Fact Sheet, please click here.
- Fill in the online Enrolment Application form and “click send”
- Undertake the Online Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- Your application will be assessed by Intech Institute's compliance team and you will receive a written response within 2-3 working days.
- Pay your co-contribution fee
- Sign your training plan
- Commence your study
On Successful Completion
Students will be provided with a qualification and Results Record on successful completion of the course. Please be aware that you will no longer be eligible for another QLD Government-subsidised Certificate 3 Guarantee Program - once you have completed this qualification. If you fail to complete the qualification, you will be provided with a statement of attainment for completed units.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
How can you prove identification status?
Supply copy of a combination of the following.
Current Address: Drivers Licence or Rates Bill or Bank Statement with Queensland current address
Residential Status: 18+ ID Card, Medicare Card (Green), Birth Certificate, Australian or New Zealand passport
Concession Status: Health Care Card, Veterans Card, Pensioner Card, Commonwealth Seniors Card
Program Information and Fact sheet
For more information, read the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Fact Sheets:
- Certificate 3 Guarantee student fact sheet
- For more information on the Certificate 3 Guarantee – https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/certificate3
- Course information – Certificate 3 in Business
For more information on our policies, please see our policies, procedures and forms page.