HIGHER LEVEL SKILLS PROGRAM
The Higher Level Skills Program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university to continue their studies. Employers may also be able to access training to address workforce development needs. The program is funded by the Queensland Government Department of Education and Training under the VET Investment Plan for eligible learners.
Students pay a co-contribution fee as specified by the training organisation, and the rest of the tuition fee is covered by the subsidy program. The program provides eligible individuals with access to one subsidised training place in priority Certificate IV level and above qualifications or priority skill sets.
- Job security
- Career advancement;
- Transition to university for further study
What can I study under the Higher Level Skills Program?
InTech has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the QLD VET Investment Higher Skills Program:
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering
- MEM40119 Certificate IV in Engineering
- MEM50105 Diploma of Engineering – Advanced Trade
- MEM50119 Diploma of Engineering – Advanced Trade
- MEM50212 Diploma of Engineering – Technical
- MEM60112 Advanced Diploma of Engineering
- ICT50318 Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration
- ICT50418 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development
Note: Students can only access this subsidy once, it is important to choose the right course for you to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Workplace Visits (South East QLD) travel fees may apply for remote or regional area
- Blended learning – combination of classroom and on-site learning
- RPL – Recognition of Prior Learning – we recognise the skills you and have and train for any gaps in skills (duration 1 – 6 months depending on skills)
The Higher Level Skills Program is eligible for individuals who are:
- Queensland residents aged 15 or over
- No longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not holding, and not enrolled in, a Certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)
How much does it cost?
Students pay a co-contribution fee as specified and the rest of the tuition fee is covered by the subsidy program funded by the Queensland Government Department of Education and Training. The fee is set $1000.00 for non-concessional students. Concessional student fee is set at $450.00. Please contact admissions if you are eligible for a concession.
Student Contribution Fees apply to all students partaking in the Higher Level Skills program, however, fees are not payable for credit transfers.
How do I qualify for concession fees?
Concessional student status applies when:
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law or is the partner or a dependent of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student provides InTech with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student has a disability
- the Participant is an adult prisoner.
Check that you meet the Higher Level Skills eligibility criteria. Please fill out an application form on our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3369 7441 should you require any assistance regarding course selection, the application process, policies and procedures and entry requirements.
Applications will be assessed by InTech and you will receive a written response within 2 to 3 working days. Successful applicants will be offered a training plan and will be invited to attend an orientation session at Intech Institute of Technology.
On Successful Completion
Students will be provided with a qualification and Results Record on successful completion of the course. Please be aware that you will no longer be eligible for another QLD Government-subsidised Higher Level Skills Program-once you have completed this qualification. If you fail to complete the qualification, you will be provided with a statement of attainment for completed units. As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
For more information Higher Level Skills,
here’s some helpful links: