Student Visa Information

Visa Information

Although we strive to keep our information up-to-date, the most authoritative source for information pertaining to immigration will be found online on the Department of Home Affairs website.

If you are not an Australian citizen or a Permanent resident of Australia, you must have a valid student visa to study at Intech Institute of Technology.  The visa necessary to study at Intech Institute is the subclass 500-student visa. A student visa legally entitles you to study in Australia, hence you will need it before you enter the country.

In order to apply for this visa, you will need a Confirmation of Enrollment (COE). A COE is a document that is issued by Intech Institute once student application and offer process is complete and you are accepted as a student. 

Your student visa allows you to:

  • undertake a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia.
  • work up to 40 hours per fortnight during the semester and unlimited hours during semester breaks.

We understand that obtaining a student visa can be challenging, we are here to provide you with information that will help to make this process easier.

Important Note

Processing student visa applications may take several weeks (processing times vary depending on the country).

If you receive an the Letter of Offer and decide you want to come to Australia, you should not delay in accepting the offer and applying for your visa to avoid issues resulting from lengthy processing times.

Visa application process

You may find that it will be helpful to have an in-country Intech Institute educational representative to assist you in the visa application process. Please contact for details.

You need the following documents to apply for a study permit:

  • Copy of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)- You will need the CoE to apply for your student visa, or, if you already have a student visa, this will inform the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you enrolled in a course of study.
  • A valid passport- Check that your current passport will be valid for the duration of your time in Australia. If your passport is due to expire while you are in Australia you must renew it before you depart.  Extend or renew your passport 6 months before the expiration date.
  • Evidence of financial capacity- You must provide proof that you have enough money for your tuition fees and living expenses

Other supporting documents may include:

  • Health Insurance
  • IELTS ​
  • Police clearance certificate

The Department of Home Affairs website or your nearest Australian embassy, Consulate office will be able to advise you about visa processing times, how to apply and other documentations.

In order to be approved, you also need to:

  • convince the immigration offer that you will leave Australia at the end of your studies
  • demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself
  • be in good health. You may be asked to complete a medical exam
  • have no criminal record. You may be asked to provide a police clearance.

If you are granted a student visa, you must abide by certain conditions including (but not limited to):

  • Full-time study
  • You are expected to complete your course within the time specified in your electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE).
  • Achieve satisfactory academic progress, Intech Institute is required to report unsatisfactory academic progress to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
  • An Australian Government-approved Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of your visa.
  • Study with Intech Institute for at least six months, or the duration of the course if shorter than six months
  • Notifying Intech Institute of your address in Australia and any subsequent change of address within five working days.