JOBTRAINER FUND PROGRAM
The JobTrainer Fund Program supports job seekers, school leavers and young people to access the skills and training they need to find work, re-enter the labour market or explore new work opportunities available as Queensland’s economy recovers.
The JobTrainer Fund will operate as a component of Queensland’s existing vocational education and training (VET) investment programs and will provide access to additional training opportunities that complement the training already available for the target student cohort.
- Develop employability skills
- Retrain and gain new skills
- Explore a new career pathway
- Acquire in demand trade and industry skills
WHAT CAN I STUDY UNDER THE JOBTRAINER FUND PROGRAM?
InTech has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the JobTrainer Fund Program:
- AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR20720 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- MEM20413 Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering
- MEM40119 Certificate IV in Engineering
Note: Students can only access one training place funded under the JobTrainer Fund to complete an eligible qualification.
Students may undertake more than one short course funded through the JobTrainer Fund but cannot be enrolled in more than one short course or qualification at a time.
To be eligible for the JobTrainer Fund, individuals must:
- Permanently reside in Queensland; and
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen; and
- Have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled); and
- Not already be enrolled in training (includes VET and higher education courses); and
- Not have previously completed a qualification funded under the JobTrainer Fund; and
- Either be a job seeker or a school leaver or young person
A jobseeker is an individual aged 15 years or older who is
- out or work; or
- in receipt of income support payments
A school leaver or young person is an individual aged 17 to 24 years, regardless of employment status.
Lower-level qualifications (up to a certificate III level) and short courses will be fully funded by the Queensland Government, with eligible students required to pay no fee.
Higher level qualifications (certificate IV or Diploma level) will be funded at higher concessional subsidies, with eligible students required to pay a low fee of up to $400.
The amount of out-of-pocket expense will vary depending on the training you undertake.
A co-contribution fee (if required) may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third-party but cannot be paid or waived by InTech or any organisation related InTech, unless approved by the department.
For more information on JobTrainer Fund, here’s some helpful links: