This qualification is designed to build upon an individual’s existing skillset and expertise in engineering roles. It is perfect for individuals who are employed in roles where they hold responsibility and accountability for engineering-related design, development, leadership or operations across a range of industries and disciplines.
The Graduate Diploma of Engineering is a great bridging course for someone who may want to pursue a Bachelor or Master’s degree. This will open up career opportunities to roles as a mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, mining engineer, systems engineer or network engineer.
Engineers with previous industry experience may be eligible to complete the program through:
In Australia, students successfully graduating from this qualification may receive a median salary of approx. $56,300 per year.
Students will develop high-level specialist engineering design, technical, project and operation management skills through hands-on learning.
Students will learn about:
- Integrated engineering technologies
- Application of technical and engineering skills
- Engineering project management
- Designing a plant using computer simulations
- Designing computer integrated manufacturing systems
- Microcontroller applications
- Programmable logic controller applications
- Integrated maintenance management systems
- Manufacturing processes
- Designing a robotic systems
- Building relationships
- Designing a process layout
To undertake the Graduate Diploma of Engineering, applicants must hold either:
- An Advanced Diploma of Engineering or a Diploma of Engineering OR
- A relevant Certificate IV or Certificate III together with significant relevant vocational practice in an engineering-related role OR
- Bachelor Degree; or other higher education qualification, with relevant vocational practice in an engineering-related role.
It is expected that students have intermediate Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills to be able to complete training and assessments.
International students are expected to demonstrate English proficiency in IELTS to a minimum 5.5.
Qualification Structure and Rules
To achieve the MEM80112 Graduate Diploma of Engineering, the following units of competency must be achieved.
The MEM80112 Graduate Diploma of Engineering requires achievement of ten (10) units in accordance with the following rules:
- three (3) core units of competency
- seven (7) elective units of competency.
Elective selection must include:
- a minimum of four (4) Group A elective units
- three (3) remaining elective units may be selected from any combination of:
- Group A elective units
- Group B elective units
- units from any nationally endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses that are packaged at a Vocational Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Diploma level.
MEM234002A Integrate engineering technologies
MEM234035A Maintain and apply technical and engineering skills
MSAENV672B Develop workplace policy and procedures for environmental sustainability
PLUS ELECTIVE UNITS:
MEM234001A Plan and manage engineering-related projects or operations
MEM234008A Design plant using computer simulations
MEM234009A Design computer-integrated manufacturing systems
MEM234010A Design microcontroller applications
MEM234011A Design programmable logic controller applications
MEM234012 Design integrated maintenance management systems
MEM234013A Plan and design engineering-related manufacturing processes
MEM234014A Design a robotic system
MEM23123A Evaluate manufacturing processes
MSS407006A Build relationships between teams in an operations environment
MSS405022A Design a process layout
MEM234027A Plan and manage materials supply for an engineering project or manufacturing operation
MEM234028A Produce and manage technical documentation
MEM234029A Produce and manage technical publications
MEM234030A Provide specialised technical and engineering guidance to other technical employees
MEM234031A Manage installation, commissioning or modification of machines and equipment
INTERNSHIP/ ON-THE-JOB WORK PLACEMENTS:
Students are encouraged to seek industry work placement to gain the maximum benefit from the course. This is an opportunity to not only apply and practice the skills acquired in a formal work environment, but to improve their capabilities. As a result, the student will not only meet but exceed their learning outcomes.
InTech may assist in securing industry work placements – Conditions apply.
Domestic Students (Full-Time)
As a domestic student, you will attend face-to-face classes and practical workshops, Monday to Friday, on Intech campus. Compulsory 75% attendance is required.
As an international student, you will attend face-to-face classes and practical workshops, Monday to Friday, on Intech campus. Compulsory attendance is required under student visa conditions. InTech operates on a 10-week term. There are 4 terms per year. All classes are scheduled for 20 hours per week.
Attend workshops only if skills gaps identified.
Students attending full-time classes will receive handouts/learning material relevant to each unit, safety boots and Intech t-shirt on induction day.
We recommend students wear personal protective equipment suited to the engineering industry.
On induction /orientation day, students will receive:
- Overview of each unit of competency
- Methods of assessment
- Student handbook
- Training plan and schedule
- Internship details and journal
- Textbooks and study materials
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) overview
- Work placement support
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process of having your work experience and skills formally assessed for the purpose of gaining a nationally recognised and accredited qualification. InTech offers you the chance to transfer your skills and experience and turn it into a Graduate Diploma of Engineering!
Candidates can demonstrate their skills through a combination of:
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Prior qualification (accredited and non-accredited)
- Employment history (detailed, positions, performance, appraisals)
- Work samples and other relevant documents (photos, videos, etc.)
- References and testimonials from verifiable sources
- Journals and publications
- Practical testing in the workshop or classroom (if necessary)
- Written/verbal testing (if necessary)
Potential Career Pathways
- Engineering leadership roles
- Research and development roles
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
Domestic Students (Full-Time)
$20,000 (includes PPE, training and assessment resources)
$20,000 (includes PPE, training and assessment resources; excludes OSHC, visa fees, accommodation)
Please contact us for a quote.
If you have difficulty paying the full fee of a course upfront, you may be eligible for a payment plan. This allows you to pay for your course either per semester or in monthly installments.
A fee reduction may apply for credit transfer, RPL or Government Funding (Subject to eligibility and residency).
Ready to get started?
Fill out an application above or see our How to Apply section for further guidance.
If you require assistance, our dedicated student advisors can help you with any questions you have about the application and enrolment process.
Students are advised to make an appointment to speak to a career counselor for advice on programs, learning pathways and career outcomes.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates may undertake a degree in Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Engineering or other suitable higher education qualifications. Intech has pathways for engineering programs with Southern Cross University.