The Advanced Diploma of Network Security Qualification, introduces students to the fundamental knowledge of the ever-changing IT security field. The curriculum for this qualification has been developed and designed with significant input from an industry industry-recognised specialist who has had 15 years of experience thus ensuring market relevant skills building. have hands-on experience within this space.
In Australia, students successfully graduating from this qualification may receive a median salary of approx. $46,300 per year.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology (ICT) network as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team responsible for advanced ICT network security systems.
The qualification has a high-level ICT technical base with appropriate security units and the ability to specialise in a number of areas, including voice, wireless, network infrastructure and sustainability.
The ICT60512 Advanced Diploma of Network Security qualification has no retry requirements. Intech Institute requires all students to have:
- Successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent; or other relevant qualification/s; or experience in a business environment
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate,
- Any AQF qualification at the Certificate III level or above in any discipline area delivered and assessed in English only will be deemed as meeting both the academic and English language entry requirements.
- The student will be respective vendor certified with leading vendors such as CISCO (CCNA), CompTIA(Network+, Security+)
- Skills and knowledge in
- The ability to specialise in a number of areas, including wireless, network infrastructure and sustainability.
In order to attain this qualification students are required to complete 12 units of competency consisting of 5 core units and 7 elective units. Students may apply for exemption for any unit in which they can successfully demonstrate competency. Please refer details under Recognition of Prior Learning section.
ICTNWK502 Implement secure encryption technologies
ICTNWK509 Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
ICTNWK601 Design and implement a security system
ICTNWK602 Plan, configure and test advanced server based security
ICTSUS601 Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
CPPSEC5004A Prepare security risk management plan
ICTNWK605 Design and configure secure integrated wireless systems
ICTNWK606 Implement voice applications over secure wireless networks
ICTNWK607 Design and implement wireless network security
ICTNWK608 Configure network devices for a secure network infrastructure
ICTTEN811 Evaluate and apply network security
Students are required to complete a range of tasks as part of the assessment requirements for each unit. Assessments methods may include:
- Discussions and practical demonstrations and
- Case studies
Have trade skills and work experience but no formal qualification?
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process of having your work experience and skills formally assessed for the purpose of gaining a nationally recognised and accredited qualification.
Fast track your studies and bridge the gaps in your skill set through the RPL. InTech offers you the chance to take all your experience and turn it into a Advanced Diploma of Network Security !!
For each unit, candidates will be given the option to demonstrate competency through a combination of any of the following:
- A Portfolio of Evidence which includes:
– Prior Qualifications (accredited and non-accredited)
– Employment History (detailed, positions, performance, appraisals)
– Work samples and other relevant documents (photos, videos, etc.)
– References and testimonials from verifiable sources
– Journals and publications
- Practical testing in the workshop/classroom
- Written/Verbal Testing
On successful completion of this qualification, your career opportunities may include:
- Network Security Administrator
- Network Security Specialist
- IT and ICT Security Specialist
- IT Security Administrator
- Information Security Analysts
Domestic Students (Full-Time)
$16,000 (includes training and assessment resources; excludes OSHC, visa fees, accommodation)
Please contact us for a quote.
Skillset and Micro Courses
Please contact us for a quote.
If you have difficulty paying the full fee of a course upfront you might be eligible for a payment plan.
This allows you to pay for your course either per semester or in monthly installments.
Fee reduction applies for
Credit Transfer, RPL or Government Funding
Ready to get started?
Fill out an application above or see our How to Apply section for further guidance.
If you require assistance, our dedicated student advisors can help you with any questions you have about the application and enrolment process.
Students are advised to make an appointment to speak to a career counselor for advice on programs, learning pathways and career outcomes.
Upon successful completion of all the required units of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised qualification in ICT60215 Advance Diploma of Network Security. Students who do not complete all required units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of ICT60215 Advance Diploma of Network Security.
Intech Institute is approved by ASQA to deliver ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security which implies that this qualification meets the requirements of the Australian Qualifications Framework Standards, and you will graduate with a nationally recognised Diploma that is sought after in the Australian job market.
This program is also offered to international students, see listing here.