Advance your skills by performing detailed mechanical engineering drafting and design and administering the maintenance and installation of a range of machinery.
In Australia, students successfully graduating from this qualification may receive a median salary of approx. $51,800 per year.
This course will deepen your technical aptitude in engineering principles and processes, drafting, quality systems, project management and team work. The overall engineering concepts will involve the study of science, mathematics, engineering drafting, computing and graphics, maintenance and management strategies. You get real engineering work experience by taking part in realistic projects using our industry parallel computing facilities and student mechanical workshop.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry, Although, It is highly recommended that the student have:
- have satisfactory numeracy and literacy capabilities
- are mature age (over 18 years at the time of commencement) and
What you’ll learn:
To complete this qualification you will need to complete:
The minimum requirements for achievement of the MEM60112 Advanced Diploma of Engineering are:
- completion of the seven (7) core units of competency listed below, and
- completion of twenty three (23) elective units, to bring the total number of units to thirty (30) .
Group A and Group B elective units must be selected as follows:
- up to eight (8) general elective units from the list in Group A
- at least fifteen (15) specialist elective units from Group B, to bring the total number of elective units to twenty three (23) .
- Note that when selecting elective units any prerequisite units must also be completed and count towards the required number of elective units
MEM16006A – Organise and communicate information
MEM16008A – Interact with computing technology
MEM22001A – Perform engineering activities
MEM22002A – Manage self in the engineering environment
MEM30007A – Select common engineering materials
MEM30012A – Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Timetable: Monday- Thursday, Work placement optional (The timetable for future intakes may differ to the current schedule.)
Delivery Method: is a combination classroom delivery (face-to-face) and industry placement (optional). Competencies will be assessed by theory tests, practical tasks and project work. You’ll also produce a portfolio of work.
Resources provided: Student will receive handouts/learning material relevant to each unit, Safety boots and Intech T-shirt on the induction day. We also recommend that the students wear protective clothing, safety glasses suited to the automotive industry.
Delivery Location: Course is delivered on-site at our Brisbane Campus: 21 Parkview Street, Milton, QLD.
Recognition of Prior Learning & Credit Transfer
Have trade skills and work experience but no formal qualification?
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process of having your work experience and skills formally assessed for the purpose of gaining a nationally recognised and accredited qualification.
Fast track your studies and bridge the gaps in your skill set through the RPL. InTech offers you the chance to take all your experience and turn it into a Certificate III in Individual Support!!
For each unit, candidates will be given the option to demonstrate competency through a combination of any of the following:
- A Portfolio of Evidence which includes:
– Prior Qualifications (accredited and non-accredited)
– Employment History (detailed, positions, performance, appraisals)
– Work samples and other relevant documents (photos, videos, etc.)
– References and testimonials from verifiable sources
– Journals and publications
- Practical testing in the workshop/classroom
- Written/Verbal Testing
Credits may also include units of competency contained within relevant skills sets and statements of attainment.
Potential Career Pathways:
You may find a career as an:
- Engineering Associate – Mechanical
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Engineering Associate – Mechanical Maintenance
- Engineering Associate – Mechatronics
University Credits: Upto 8 Credits at specific Universities.
Students are encouraged to seek industry workplace experience to gain the maximum benefit from the course. The greater the practice of skills, the higher the skill levels the student will achieve and the more likely the student will not only meet but exceed the learning outcomes. InTech may assist in securing industry work placements – conditions apply.
Fees: AUD 20 ,000-no hidden fee
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change annually given individual circumstances at enrolment and a number of other factors.
If you have difficulty paying the full fee of a course upfront you might be eligible for a payment plan. This allows you to pay for your course either per semester or in monthly installments.
Intake Dates: There are 4 intake dates in a year: Jan-Feb, April-May, July & September-October
Fee reduction applies for: Credit Transfer, RPL or Government Funding
Ready to get started?
Fill out an application above or see our How to Apply section for further guidance.
If you require assistance, our dedicated student advisors can help you with any questions you have about the application and enrolment process.
Students are advised to make an appointment to speak to a career counselor for advice on programs, learning pathways and career outcomes.
Pathways into the qualification:
Credit may be granted towards this qualification by those who have completed one of the following:
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering,
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade,
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade,
- MEM50212 Diploma of Engineering
- or other relevant qualifications.