Intech Institute does not have its own dedicated student accommodation, however we are happy to suggest a few providers to support our students while they study with us.
Intech Institute strongly advises you to arrange your accommodation at least one month before you arrive.
Please find further information and advice in the links below (exercise caution when arranging viewings with unverified providers)
Note that the institute does not endorse any of the above accommodation providers , we encourage students to compare the prices offered by various accommodation providers. Students should budget for a 5% increase for their accommodation/living expenses each year.
If you still haven't found accommodation. Head to Facebook and add yourself to one of the share house groups like West End Share Houses or Inner City Share Houses where pages are updated hourly with new rooms.
Always keep in mind the following tips:
- Students can reduce living costs by avoiding suburbs that are close to Brisbane CBD
- Read the contract before you sign it.
- Inspect the place before you pay the deposit
- Students are advised to be aware of all terms and conditions before entering any leasing contract.
- Your agent/lessor must lodge your rental bond with the RTA.
- You will need an Australian bank account to get your bond back.
- Pay rent on time and make sure to get receipts for the same.
- Keep the place clean, tidy and undamaged
- Know your rights and responsibilities
Student rental information and tips, frequently asked questions, landlord and tenant resources and helpful community resources are available on Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA). It is the statutory authority that oversees renting in Queensland. The RTA provides comprehensive information and advice about renting.
Protect yourself from scams
If you are looking to rent a property, it is important that you watch out for scams. Never transfer money without inspecting a property in person, or without meeting the provider and any housemates. The Australian Government provides up-to-date information about protecting yourself from scams.